Having recently completed my first short film, ASTRONUTS, I’m eager to start a new prodution, but first I want to purchase some new equipment… equipment that costs money.
The first “round” of equipment will be audio equipment. I’d like to start with…
- Zoom H4n Handy Portable Digital Recorder – Approximately $300 at Amazon.com
- Azden SGM-2X Shotgun Microphone – Approximately $190 at Amazon.com
- Boom pole and shock mount (likely homemade) – Approximately $50
- XLR cable – Approximately $10-$20
- Windsock/deadcat – Approximately $90 at Amazon.com
- Gaffer’s tape – Approximately $10
- Headphones – Approximately $40
So… for bare-bones audio equipment, I’ll be spending about $700. I’m giving serious thought to selling some of my collectible toys in order to reduce the pain.